While most of us know chia from the popular and peculiar Chia Pets, chia is far more than an ornamental plant. Chia (Salvia hispanica) is abundant in essential fatty acids. Chia seeds are also an excellent source of fiber.
- ABUNDANT IN ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS: Naturally occurring fatty acids (example) (per serving)**
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha Linolenic Acid) 4 g (4,000 mg)
Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid) 1.6 g (1,600 mg)
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF FIBER: 7 g of dietary fiber per serving
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Organic, Soy Free, Sugar Free, Non-GMO, Vegan, Made without Gluten, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Made in a Peanut-Free Facility, Halal, Keto Friendly, Kosher, Low Sodium
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
- Serving Size:
2 Tbsp (20 g)
- Servings Per Container:
- Suggested Usage and Storage:
NOW Real Food® Organic White Chia Seeds are a tasty treat with a mild flavor that can be eaten on their own or added to many of your favorite recipes. They’re also a great topping for salads, yogurts, puddings, oatmeal and more.
Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
- Supplement/Nutrition Facts:
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2 tbsp (20g) Servings Per Container: About 23 Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value* * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. Calories 90 Total Fat 6g 8% Saturated Fat 0.5g 3% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 0mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 8g 3% Dietary Fiber 7g 25% Total Sugars 0g Includes 0g Added Sugars 0% Protein 3g Vitamin D 0mcg 0% Calcium 112mg 8% Iron 1.3mg 8% Potassium 155mg 4% Ingredient: Organic White Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica). Naturally occurring fatty acids (example) (per serving)**Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha Linolenic Acid) 4 g (4,000 mg)Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid) 1.6 g (1,600 mg)**subject to natural variability For over 50 years, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing the highest quality foods using only the finest ingredients. We’re independent, family owned, and proud of it. NOW that’s keeping it real. Packaged in a peanut-free facility that processes tree nuts. Packaged and quality tested in the USA. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Certified Organic by QAI. Vegan